At Everglades Farm, we take pride in providing high-quality trees and plants to our valued customers. To ensure your satisfaction and peace of mind, we offer the following warranty policy and comprehensive tree care instructions:
- Our Warranty:
- Our warranty covers the tree arriving alive and in fair condition to the shipping address used at the time of placing the order.
- Customers have 48 hours after the tree's delivery by the carrier to report any damage suffered during transit.
- Trees Damaged in Transit:
- While most of our trees arrive in excellent condition, unforeseen circumstances during transit, such as bad weather or delivery delays, may cause some stress to the tree.
- In such cases, please follow these steps within 48 hours of receiving the tree: a. Take pictures of the tree and the outside of the box, capturing the entire tree, not just affected branches. b. Send the pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your order number. c. Unpack the tree and water it daily. d. Keep the original box, as we may ask you to ship the tree back to us. e. Avoid planting the tree in the ground during this period, as it voids our warranty. f. Nurse the tree for 10-15 days to allow it to recover.
- Returning Trees to Everglades Farm:
- In certain cases, the tree may suffer damage during transit, but it can still survive with proper care.
- If this occurs, we may request you to ship the tree back to us, and upon receipt, we will issue a gift card or a refund for the value of your purchase.
- Address Changes & Incorrect Addresses:
- We are not responsible for shipping addresses that were entered incorrectly at the time of order placement.
- Address changes or package rerouting after placing the order are not possible, as carriers charge fees for such changes, which are the customer's responsibility.
- Warranty for Freight Forwarders:
- If you are using a freight forwarder, our warranty only applies until the package reaches the forwarder. Subsequent shipping is considered a reshipment and may expose the plant to damages.
- Tree Care Instructions:
- Upon receiving your tree, immediately remove it from the box and water it gently in its plastic container.
- Trees may arrive with a few broken branches or dried leaves due to shipping stress. Keep the tree in the container for two weeks to allow it to regain strength.
- For growing tropical fruit trees in containers, water the tree daily, keep it indoors when temperatures drop below 60 degrees, and expose it to sunlight as much as possible.
- You can keep the tree in the same pot for up to one year or transplant it to a larger container every 6-12 months.
- For planting tropical fruit trees in the ground, follow the provided steps to ensure successful planting and growth.
- Protecting Tropical Trees from Cold Weather:
- Young tropical and subtropical trees cannot tolerate freezing temperatures for extended periods. If you live in such an area, grow your tree in a container for indoor protection during cold spells.
- Applying Fertilizer:
- We recommend using 8-3-9 granular fertilizer or a similar product every three months, following the instructions on the label. Avoid applying fertilizer during winter months and when the tree has young flowers.
- Warranty for Trees Arriving in Bad Condition or Damaged:
- Follow the same steps mentioned earlier if your tree arrives stressed out or damaged during transit. If the tree doesn't recover or survive despite proper care, our warranty will apply, and you'll receive a replacement tree or a gift card for your purchase.
We understand the importance of your satisfaction and are committed to providing support and assistance throughout your journey with Everglades Farm. If you have any questions, concerns, or need help with our warranty or tree care instructions, please don't hesitate to contact our dedicated customer service team. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we look forward to providing you with exceptional service and beautiful trees for your garden. Happy gardening!