- This is the Florida Hass Variety
- This tree ships in a 2-Gallon plastic container with soil and Triple layer protection
- It can be grown in a container, at an average height of 7 feet
- Grown in our plant nursery in Homestead, Florida with the benefits of our subtropical weather
- Grafted tree. It usually bears fruit in 2-3 years
- Harvest Time: September-November
- Fruit color: Green. Size: 6-12 oz.
- Type: A
The info below are our standard sizes. Subject to change without notice.
|Tree Height*||Container Size||Box (inches)||Months in |
|1-2 feet||1 Gallon - 6" tall||6x6x24||6|
|2-3 feet||2 Gallon - 8" tall||9x9x36||6-12|
|3 feet||3 Gallon - 10" tall||10x10x36||6-12|
|3-4 feet||7 Gallon - 12" tall||12x12x48||12+|
* Tree height includes the container. Sizes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
This depends on the type of tree and the propagation method used to produce the tree. Below is general information regarding the time it takes for your tree to produce fruit.
They typically produce fruit in 1-2 years. They are copies of matured trees.
AIR LAYERED TREES
They typically produce fruit in 1-2 years. They are copies of matured trees.
TREES PROPAGATED BY CUTTINGS
They typically produce fruit in 1-2 years. They are copies of matured trees
TREES PROPAGATED BY SEEDLINGS
They typically produce fruit in 6-7 years. There are many exceptions to this rule. For example: Papaya: 1-2 years, Sugar Apple: 1-2 years, Custard Apple: 1-2 years, Soursop: 1-2 years
We are currently offering FREE SHIPPING to customers in certain states, with a minimum purchase requirement. Please use our check out to see the shipping options available to you.
Free shipping IS NOT available for other locations at the moment, as we have recently experience significant increases in labor, shipping and packing costs.
We have negotiated a deep discounted rate with FedEx ground or FedEx Express.
For customers in Hawaii and Alaska and other territories under the control of the United States, but not part of the contiguous United States, the only shipping method available is FedEx Express Service.
Our trees are shipped in carton boxes. The preferred shipping carrier is: FedEx Home Delivery / Ground / Express
Yes. Our nursery is certifided to ship trees to California. We cannot ship citrus trees to CA, as it is NOT permitted by USDA regulations.
We ship our trees using custom-made carton boxes. Our trees typically ship via FedEx ground. Depending on your destination, it can take 2-7 days for your tree to arrive. 99% of the time, the trees arrive alive to their final destination. Our trees are shipped in a container with soil.
Most fruit trees can be grown in a container. Follow the recommendations below...
- Start small with a tree in a 3 or 7 gallon container
- Every 6-10 months transplant the tree to a higher capacity container
- The ideal container size to grow fruit trees is 10-15 gallons, so you can move it indoors during the winter months, if necessary
- Make sure your container has draining holes on the bottom of the container, so that any excess water can drain
Follow the simple instructions below to plant your tree on the ground...
- Choose a sunny area for planting with about 15 feet radius of clear space
- Dig a hole on the ground... twice the height of the container, if possible
- Do not mix any potting soil, manure, fertilizer or anything with the soil when you plant
- Take the tree out of the container by laying in the side and slipping the container off, if may be necessary to push and tap the bottom of the plastic container
- It is usually necessary to put some of the removed dirt back into the hole
- Bury the root ball so the soil level is the same as it was in the container
- Leave a mound around the tree for form a basin, fill with water, washing the soil into any empty pockets around the root ball
- Now is the time to fertilize. Be extra careful because trees are very susceptible to burning with excessive fertilizing
- Recommended fertilizer: 8-3-9 (or similar), with manganese, iron and zinc. Scatter one level tablespoon per foot of tree height (do not apply fertilizer if the tree is flowering or during cold spells of temperature below 60 degrees)
- You can spread mulch around the base of the tree, but leave the trunk area uncovered so the tree can breath. Mulch helps to retain humidity
Our warranty only covers the tree arriving alive and in fair condition. If you receive your tree in a condition in which the tree may not survive, please take a few pictures and submit them via email to our address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do this within 48 hours or receiving your tree. We will review your email and get back to you within a few days. Remember to Keep the box in case we ask you to ship the plant back to us. Our warranty does not apply once you have planted the tree on the ground.
We get a lot of requests for pictures. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate this request, as we stock over 10,000 trees in different sizes. Completing the task of sending a picture of a specific tree to a customer can take 1-2 hours per request. And this same tree can be sold the very same day to another customer. Fortunately, our web site has pictures of most of our trees, which are remarkably like the actual tree that you will receive.
We recommend granular fertilizer for most of the tropical fruit trees.
You can purchase the fertilizer on our website thru the link below...
Fertilizer for Fruit Trees Granular N-P-K- with Micronutrients Fersol, 1 Pound Bag
- Fersol 10-10-10 is formulated to boost growth of tropical fruit trees
This total package of N-P-K along with key micronutrients matches the needs of your plants over the growth cycle
- Superior control and dependable nutrient release for the most effective feeding to grow strong healthy plants
- Last up to 60 days. Sprinkled on top of potting medium. Application rates on package label
- Great for orchids, bromeliads, nursery, foliage, bedding plant, potted plants, and landscape plants
- Application 3 GAL Containers: Scatter 1/4 pound of fertilizer around the tree 4-6 times per year (do not apply during winter, or when tree is flowering)
Application for trees planted on ground: Small trees: 1-2 pounds. Larger trees: 2-3 pounds around the tree and away from the trunk, 4-6 times per year
- (do not apply during winter, or when tree is flowering)
May also be applied by foliar sprays
This is the second Avocado I've gotten from 'Glades. The first one didn't survive a full year. This one has not grown at all. It sits right next to another avocado (not from 'Glades) which is quite healthy. Not sure I will buy any more fruit from you.
This tiny Florida Hass arrived in good condition & has survived the transplanting process. Looking forward to seeing its progress & eventual fruits.
It must to be replaced
The tree arrived with the stems of the leaves yellowing and the leaves themselves growing brown on the edges. The main stem itself was peppered with small red flecks on the inside (looks like some disease). The container soil that it arrived in was completely soaked, and the roots were browning (beginning of root rot it seemed). The instructions stated that it was to be left in a container and not to be put outside, but had I left it in a container, it would've sat in its sopping soil and certainly died.
The plant is currently outside beneath a 40% shade cloth to prevent leaves from sunburning. Humidity is adequate. and the plant is on a mound of organic vegetable compost topped with woodchip and grass clipping mulch. Hopefully it recovers, but in ordering a plant like this, I'd prefer not to have any plants require immediate hospice when they arrive. This was not the case.
I received my tree in perfect condition, it's already in the ground and doing well.
I have been completely satisfied with every tree I have purchased from you. Thank you.