Chocolate Tree Yellow
- Grows 2-3 feet tall (including container): This is a relatively small tree, making it a great choice for smaller gardens or patios.
- Average age of tree in 3 gal container: 6-12 months: This tree is a fast grower, so you can expect to see it reach its full height in a few years.
- Grows in zones 4-11 (grow in container in zones 9-11): The Chocolate Tree Yellow is a hardy tree that can tolerate a wide range of climates. However, it does best in warm, humid climates. If you live in a cooler climate, you can grow the Chocolate Tree Yellow in a container and bring it indoors during the winter.
- Full-partial sunlight: The Chocolate Tree Yellow requires full sun to partial shade. It will not do well in full shade.
- Mature height: 8 feet potted: The Chocolate Tree Yellow will reach a mature height of 8 feet when grown in a pot. If you plant it in the ground, it can reach a height of 20 feet or more.
- Ships in a 2-gallon plastic container with soil: The Chocolate Tree Yellow is shipped in a 2-gallon plastic container with soil. This makes it easy to plant and care for the tree.
- Propagated by seedlings: The Chocolate Tree Yellow is propagated by seedlings. This means that each tree is a unique individual.
- Studies suggest that eating chocolate every day can have a positive impact on lowering blood pressure. Chocolate contains antioxidants that can help to protect the heart.
- Cocoa powder, made by fermenting the plant's cocoa beans, is said to help ward off heart disease. Cocoa powder is a good source of flavonoids, which have been shown to improve blood flow and reduce inflammation.
- The bean can also be used to make cocoa butter, a rich moisturizer that helps skin stay hydrated and look younger. Cocoa butter is a natural emollient that can help to protect the skin from damage.
- The Chocolate Tree Yellow is a beautiful and fragrant tree that is native to Central and South America. The tree has dark green leaves and yellow flowers. The flowers give off a sweet fragrance.
- It is a relatively easy tree to grow, but it does require full sun and warm temperatures. The Chocolate Tree Yellow will not do well in cold climates or in areas with long periods of shade.
- The tree will begin to produce fruit after about 3 years of age. The fruit of the Chocolate Tree Yellow is a pod that contains 20-30 beans.
- The beans are used to make chocolate, cocoa powder, and cocoa butter. Chocolate is made by grinding the beans and then mixing them with sugar and other ingredients. Cocoa powder is made by grinding the beans and then removing the fat. Cocoa butter is made by extracting the fat from the beans.
Got 2 cacao trees and they were in excellent condition, Would definitely buy again.
Thank you for reviews. I will not buy from this company.
Never received it
I have not received my three cacao trees yet. You sent shipping info but has yet to show any movement. I am assuming that they have not shipped yet due to temperatures being unfit. Looking for are to receiving them. Tried calling number to verify items are in stock and that the shipping delay is due to temperatures, but was unable to get through to a person to have it checked on.
Tree was dead when received...ALL leaves crispy and trunk bent over in shipping box and drying out. Sent photo and told to water it would recover. Not going to recover so wasted time and money.