- Breadfruit is consumed as a staple throughout the tropics, and it can be roasted, fried, baked, or broiled
- The flavor of the cooked fruit tastes similar to fresh baked bread and is also described as being somewhat potato-like.
- Today there is a great deal of interest in breadfruit as a subsistence crop in less developed countries and island nations where domestic food production is extremely limited
- The fruit are high in carbohydrates, and they are an excellent source of protein as well
- Breadfruit are truly tropical, and they are limited to regions that never freeze. For that reason they can only be grown in the US in Hawaii or the Florida Keys, unless they are grown in a climate-controlled greenhouse
- This tree is propagated by airlayering. It is a clone of a mature tree, and it typically produces fruit within 1-3 years
- Exposure: Full Sun - Cold Hardiness: 50 degrees - Soils: Moist, well-drained - Growth Rate: Fast - Ave. Height x Width: 35' x 20' - Spacing: 20 - 25 feet
I am so happy it arrived well and is doing very good !
After some weeks I will put it in a bigger container.
I recently purchase my breadfruit tree which was a great buy. My tree came in a pot and was well protected for shipment. I will purchase from them again.
The leaves are spotted and falling off and I am having a difficult time trying to reach the office. I am also waiting on the remaining portion of my order for weeks now
Received healthy tree and so far so good. Transplanted into a larger pot a couple weeks later.
Tree came in good condition, currently transplanted into larger pot in nice microclimate setting.