A standard for lower central Florida and upper south Florida. ‘TropicBeauty’ is a non-patented cultivar released jointly by the University of Florida and Texas A&M in 1989. The medium-sized, semi-freestone fruit have yellow, melting flesh and develop 70% blush over a yellow ground color. ‘TropicBeauty’ ripens between ‘UFSun’ and ‘UFOne’ and has a FDP of 89 days. Ripens in mid-May. Excellent flavor. Self-pollinating
This low-chill peach variety fruits very well in Florida, the Florida Keys and the Caribbean.
- Tropic Beauty has medium-sized, red-skinned peaches that are soft and melting. Fruit are semi-freestone, yellow center. Excellent flavor. Fruit ripens mid-May to June
- Bears a round, firm fruit with good color and size. Fruit ripens 85-94 days after full bloom. Requires 150 chill units
- Grown in our plant nursery in Homestead, Florida with the benefits of our subtropical weather
- Average age of tree in 3 gal container: 6 months
- Grafted trees can bear fruit in 2-3 years, under proper conditions and care.
- This tree ships in a 3-Gallon plastic container
- Cold Hardy 20-25 degrees F.
- A chill hour is a unit of time at or below 45F and above 32F
Good so far. Just planted the tree in a large pot and had high hopes for fruit next year.
My peach tree came looking amazing and already had tons of peaches growing.
Tropic Beauty Peach Tree, 3-4 feet tall, Container from Florida
It arrived quickly and super healthy! I'm excited to grow this peach
Arrived in great condition and expeditiously. It has been planted for a few weeks now and it is thriving. The potted manner in which it was shipped is far superior to the bare root type. I do not give complements lightly but my entire experience was exceptional. :)