- Carrie is a fiberless Semi-dwarf Mango from Florida. Very popular for its exceptionally rich, sweet flavor, which makes it an excellent quality eating mango. Its orange flesh is soft when ripe and highly aromatic. The fruit and tree is highly resistant to fungus and disease. The compact growth of this cultivar makes it an excellent choice for containers or planted in patio areas
- Grafted trees produce fruit in 2-3 years
- Average age of tree in 2/3 gal container: 12-18 months
- Grafted from a high quality fruit-producing Carrie Mango tree
- The fruit ripens June to July. Great commercial Mango and makes a great shade tree
- Premium granular fertilizer applied to stimulate growth
- This tree ships in a 3-Gallon plastic container with soil and Triple layer protection
- Exposure: Full Sun - Cold Hardiness: 30 - 32 degrees - Soils: Moist, well-drained - Growth Rate: Medium - Avg. Height x Width: 12' x 12' - Spacing: 10 - 15 feet
The info below are our standard sizes. Subject to change without notice.
|Tree Height*||Container Size||Box (inches)||Months in |
|1-2 feet||1 Gallon - 6" tall||6x6x24||6|
|2-3 feet||2 Gallon - 8" tall||9x9x36||6-12|
|3 feet||3 Gallon - 10" tall||10x10x36||6-12|
|3-4 feet||7 Gallon - 12" tall||12x12x48||12+|
* Tree height includes the container. Sizes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
This depends on the type of tree and the propagation method used to produce the tree. Below is general information regarding the time it takes for your tree to produce fruit.
They typically produce fruit in 1-2 years. They are copies of matured trees.
AIR LAYERED TREES
They typically produce fruit in 1-2 years. They are copies of matured trees.
TREES PROPAGATED BY CUTTINGS
They typically produce fruit in 1-2 years. They are copies of matured trees
TREES PROPAGATED BY SEEDLINGS
They typically produce fruit in 6-7 years. There are many exceptions to this rule. For example: Papaya: 1-2 years, Sugar Apple: 1-2 years, Custard Apple: 1-2 years, Soursop: 1-2 years
We are currently offering FREE SHIPPING to customers in certain states, with a minimum purchase requirement. Please use our check out to see the shipping options available to you.
Free shipping IS NOT available for other locations at the moment, as we have recently experience significant increases in labor, shipping and packing costs.
We have negotiated a deep discounted rate with FedEx ground or FedEx Express.
For customers in Hawaii and Alaska and other territories under the control of the United States, but not part of the contiguous United States, the only shipping method available is FedEx Express Service.
Our trees are shipped in carton boxes. The preferred shipping carrier is: FedEx Home Delivery / Ground / Express
Yes. Our nursery is certifided to ship trees to California. We cannot ship citrus trees to CA, as it is NOT permitted by USDA regulations.
We ship our trees using custom-made carton boxes. Our trees typically ship via FedEx ground. Depending on your destination, it can take 2-7 days for your tree to arrive. 99% of the time, the trees arrive alive to their final destination. Our trees are shipped in a container with soil.
Most fruit trees can be grown in a container. Follow the recommendations below...
- Start small with a tree in a 3 or 7 gallon container
- Every 6-10 months transplant the tree to a higher capacity container
- The ideal container size to grow fruit trees is 10-15 gallons, so you can move it indoors during the winter months, if necessary
- Make sure your container has draining holes on the bottom of the container, so that any excess water can drain
Follow the simple instructions below to plant your tree on the ground...
- Choose a sunny area for planting with about 15 feet radius of clear space
- Dig a hole on the ground... twice the height of the container, if possible
- Do not mix any potting soil, manure, fertilizer or anything with the soil when you plant
- Take the tree out of the container by laying in the side and slipping the container off, if may be necessary to push and tap the bottom of the plastic container
- It is usually necessary to put some of the removed dirt back into the hole
- Bury the root ball so the soil level is the same as it was in the container
- Leave a mound around the tree for form a basin, fill with water, washing the soil into any empty pockets around the root ball
- Now is the time to fertilize. Be extra careful because trees are very susceptible to burning with excessive fertilizing
- Recommended fertilizer: 8-3-9 (or similar), with manganese, iron and zinc. Scatter one level tablespoon per foot of tree height (do not apply fertilizer if the tree is flowering or during cold spells of temperature below 60 degrees)
- You can spread mulch around the base of the tree, but leave the trunk area uncovered so the tree can breath. Mulch helps to retain humidity
Our warranty only covers the tree arriving alive and in fair condition. If you receive your tree in a condition in which the tree may not survive, please take a few pictures and submit them via email to our address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do this within 48 hours or receiving your tree. We will review your email and get back to you within a few days. Remember to Keep the box in case we ask you to ship the plant back to us. Our warranty does not apply once you have planted the tree on the ground.
We get a lot of requests for pictures. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate this request, as we stock over 10,000 trees in different sizes. Completing the task of sending a picture of a specific tree to a customer can take 1-2 hours per request. And this same tree can be sold the very same day to another customer. Fortunately, our web site has pictures of most of our trees, which are remarkably like the actual tree that you will receive.
We recommend granular fertilizer for most of the tropical fruit trees.
You can purchase the fertilizer on our website thru the link below...
Fertilizer for Fruit Trees Granular N-P-K- with Micronutrients Fersol, 1 Pound Bag
- Fersol 10-10-10 is formulated to boost growth of tropical fruit trees
This total package of N-P-K along with key micronutrients matches the needs of your plants over the growth cycle
- Superior control and dependable nutrient release for the most effective feeding to grow strong healthy plants
- Last up to 60 days. Sprinkled on top of potting medium. Application rates on package label
- Great for orchids, bromeliads, nursery, foliage, bedding plant, potted plants, and landscape plants
- Application 3 GAL Containers: Scatter 1/4 pound of fertilizer around the tree 4-6 times per year (do not apply during winter, or when tree is flowering)
Application for trees planted on ground: Small trees: 1-2 pounds. Larger trees: 2-3 pounds around the tree and away from the trunk, 4-6 times per year
- (do not apply during winter, or when tree is flowering)
May also be applied by foliar sprays
Just received my tree and wow what a beautiful tree. I have never been let down with anything I order from Everglades Farm. Quick shipment as well. Excited to watch it grow.
The tree arrived in good condition very looks healthy . I just hope it will grow & bear fruit.
This time I ordered 4 foot tree came in way bigger than the smaller ones I have been getting super happy I’m gonna wait for spring to put in the ground thanks Everglades
When I received my mango tree one of the top branch was broken off. The tree was very dehydrated. The staff at Everglades was very helpful and customer focus. Right now it’s been a month and the tree seems dormant with no growth activity so I am not sure if it will fully recover. I have kept it in its original container hoping it survives.