Monroe Avocado Tree (Persea americana 'Monroe'): Cold-Hardy and Grafted
- Cold Hardiness: Withstands temperatures down to 26 degrees Fahrenheit, making it suitable for various climates.
- Grown in Florida's Subtropical Climate: Cultivated with care in our Homestead, Florida plant nursery, benefiting from the ideal subtropical weather conditions.
- Sunlight Requirements: Thrives in both full and partial sunlight, ensuring optimal growth and fruit development.
- Average Age and Vigor: Each tree, nurtured for 6-12 months in a 3-gallon container, is robust and ready to flourish in your garden.
- Compact Stature: Attains an approximate height of 3 feet or taller, making it manageable for various outdoor spaces.
- Grafted Excellence: Crafted with precision grafting techniques to combine the best attributes, ensuring superior fruit quality and yield.
- Floral Elegance: Exhibits Type B flowers, contributing to its pollination process and subsequent fruit set.
- Fruit Season and Color: Produces delectable avocados with a rich, green hue. Fruit season spans from November to January, offering a unique winter harvest.
- Fruit Size and Weight: Yields avocados weighing around 1 to 1.5 pounds, providing a generous portion of creamy goodness.
- Convenient Shipping: Delivered in a durable 3-gallon plastic container, safeguarding the tree as it makes its journey to your doorstep.
- Versatile Ornament: Beyond its culinary attributes, the Monroe Avocado Tree makes for an attractive ornamental addition to your landscape.
- Expertly Cultivated: Meticulously nurtured by our experienced horticulturists, guaranteeing a healthy and thriving tree for your garden.
Bring home the Monroe Avocado Tree from Everglades Farms and embark on a rewarding journey of cultivating your own avocados, all while enjoying the beauty of this exquisite tree.
Arrived in good condition, thank you!
It arrived very healthy-looking and was packaged very well.
I have order many trees the last three years from Everglades Farm. Avocados, Lychee, Longan & Sapodilla & I am extremely happy with the quality of trees sizes they’re shipping it to me. Fast service, unless in the winter time delayed or San Luis Obispo Agriculture Inspection Department causing the delayed. And if they were a problem they would ship me a new tree. They have always posted online if there were issues with weather. Thank You Everglades.
In order to fit my Monroe avocado tree in the box they cut the top of the tree off. If you know anything about trees the dominant leader is the only thing you don’t cut. I’ll see how it grows but honestly wish I had a different tree. I won’t order again so I can ensure I get an apical tree.
I’ve been a little over the top with my excitement recently for planting fruit trees particularly Avocados and was trying to track down some awesome cold hardy ones(since I am in Zone 9a). I found Everglades Farm online through a google search and decided to order some Monroes from them in the hopes they would be awesome. Well absolutely so far so good! Both trees arrived fairly quickly shipped as well as you could be expected. After about a week I officially planted one in the ground and up-potted the other to a 15 gallon pot(from the 3 it arrived in) its a little over three weeks since I received them and the potted one is already flowering. Pretty pumped!